Date of birth 13.06.2004
DNA Fanconi Clear
Eyes- AVA/ANKC ACES: Normal, Totally Clear (No PPM)
PRA-BJ1 - Clear by DNA
Hips - Australian Grade 0/International Grade A
Height 17.0 inches
3rd March 2012 NEWS FLASH!
Sunny came out of retirement on the 3rd March 2012 to win BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOW from the Veteran class under Mrs Sally Wallis of Zande Basenjis U.K.
7th July 2012 NEWS FLASH!
On the 7th July Sunny qualified to claim the new title of Supreme Champion!
Sunny has had an amazing show career with so many highlights! 11 X Best Exhibit In Show, (Specialty & All Breeds), 3 X Runner Up In Show (Specialty & All Breeds), 32 x Best Exhibit In Group (BIG-1) & 25 Runner Up In Group (BIG-2) awards always amongst strong competition in Melbourne.
Sunny has always been a super consistent performer under local, National & International All Breeds judges but more importantly to us under Hound & Basenji Specialists alike as well!
Sunny is the snuggliest, cuddliest Basenji we have ever met. He loves people and is a loving, affectionate & very gentle dog & is a very easy going dog to live with.
- BIS, BISS, Nor Ch,NJW-09, NordicW-11 Doberguard's Maya Masterpiece- Norways Top Basenji 2010 & 2011
- MBIS,BISS,CIB/Int, DK/NOR/Nordic/Swe/Lux/Ger Ch,DKV11,DKKV11,DKKV 12,DKV 12,NORDV12,WJW12 Kingwanas Hellblazer Of D'Guard - Denmark's Top Basenji 2011, 2012 & 2013
- BIS,BISS Aust Supreme Ch Afrikenji Hot August Knight - Australias Top Basenji 2012 (DOLP)
- BIS,Int,Rom,It Ch,ItJCh,SMJCh, ZW-07 Afrikenji Summa Tango
- Nor Ch Doberguard's Master Of The Nile
- Nor Ch Doberguard's Kee-Kee Masterkey
- SBOS Nor/Swe Ch Kingwanas Entertaining Story TOP PUPPY -08
- Nor/Swe Ch Kingwanas Epic Walkabout
- JWW-08 NOR UCH, SWE Ch Kingwanas Exhausting Federal Xpress
- SBPIS Kingwanas Happy Hunter Of D'Guard
- Aust Ch Afrikenji Tanjerine Dream
- Afrikenji Shani Summa
- Aust Ch Bkela Suni Mokobi
- Aust Ch Langarni African Aluko
- Aust Ch Langarni African Azibo
- BEST EXHIBIT IN GROUP 1st x 32
- BEST EXHIBIT IN GROUP 2nd x 25
- 300 + CLASSES IN GROUP & IN SHOW
- BEST IN SHOW/BEST VETERAN - 2012 Basenji Club Vic
- BEST IN SHOW Vic Spitz Breeds Specialty 2010
- BEST IN SHOW All Breeds - Lancefield 2008 (1125 dogs)
- BEST IN SHOW - 2008 Basenji Club Vic
- BEST IN SHOW-2 2008 Hound Club Show Victoria
- BEST IN SHOW/BEST JUNIOR - 2005 Basenji Club NSW (137 dogs)
- BEST IN SHOW All Breeds - Central Victorian 2006
- RUNNER UP BEST EXHIBIT IN SHOW Kyneton 2009 (1121 dogs)
- RUNNER UP IN SHOW Vic Basenji Specialty 2009
- BEST IN SHOW ~ Basenji Club Vic. Open Show 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009
- Victoria's only Supreme Champion titled Basenji
- BEST OF BREED x 220
- BEST IN GROUP 2 Melbourne Royal 2009
- BEST IN GROUP 4 Melbourne Royal 2007
- Royal Melbourne - Record holder of Best Of Breed & CC's
- # 1 Top winning Basenji - Australia 2009 defeated 2055 dogs
- # 2 Top winning Basenji - Australia 2008 defeated 2276 dogs
- # 3 Top winning Basenji - Australia 2006 defeated 2128 dogs
- Consistently one of the top hounds in Victoria
- Top winning Basenji in Victoria 2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010 (All systems)
- GRAND CHAMPION TITLED AT 26 MONTHS
- Sire of #1 Basenji in Norway 2010 & 2011
- Sire of #1 Basenji in Denmark 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Sire of Top Hound Rising Star W.A 2010
- Sire of Top All Breeds National Basenji Australia 2012
- Sire of 3 x All Breeds Best In Show winners & 2 Best In Specialty winners
In 2011 in a Judges Choice article published in the U.K Kennel Club Gazette, a number of Judges were asked to name their greatest 3 Basenjis of all time from the past, present or anywhere in the world and our Sunny was chosen by both Dr. Ronald James and Mr. Ben Reynolds Frost, both highly respected Basenji specialists from the U.K.
Follow the link below to see these and more critiques from other specialists.
Sunny came out of retirement for the 2012 BCOV Specialty Show & delighted us by winning Best In Show from the Veteran class under Mrs Sally Wallis (Zande Basenjis U.K)
His critique can be found on the next page Page 2
Sunny looking for bunnies out in the bush!
To see more photos and critiques go to Page 2NEXT